Automated Test Data Generation For PostgreSQL Databases
- Generate meaningful test data
- Populate database directly or generate insert scripts
- Generates data that is appropriate for the database schema
- Support for PostgreSQL version 7,8 and 9
- Customize data generators (if desired)
- Large collection of predefined (country/language specific) generators
- Create user defined data generators
- Project oriented architecture
Whether you are developing a new PostgreSQL database application from the ground up or prototyping to prove a concept, you need test data to run your application against. To test an application’s performance effectively, you should have enough test data to expose potential database performance problems. Datanamic Data Generator for PostgreSQL comes with features that will help you generating meaningful test data for your PostgreSQL database quickly.
The tool generates realistic data that is appropriate for the database schema (with referential integrity support). The data can be inserted in the database directly or you can generate a SQL script with insert statements.
Datanamic Data Generator for PostgreSQL is a database tool to generate test data for your PostgreSQL databases. It inserts generated data directly into the database, or builds insert SQL statements.
- Direct access to PostgreSQL databases (with native driver).
- Supported PostgreSQL versions: 7,8 and 9.
- Generates data that is appropriate for the database schema.
- Intelligently chooses appropriate data generator for each column (can be customized if desired) based on column's characteristics.
- More than 40 (country and language specific) built-in data generators.
- Load random data from external sources.
- Load random data from already existing data sources such as other tables.
- Option to disable triggers and foreign keys.
- Realtime preview of data that will be generated.
- Generates realistic data with intelligent use of the expression/mask generator (for for example postal codes) and a large collection of lists with names, addresses, cities, streets, etc.
- Generate test data for a complete database or for a selection of tables.
- Command-line utility to further automate your data generation process is included.
- Create your own user defined data generators.
- Insert data directly into the database or generate a SQL script with insert statements.
- High performance with thousands of inserts per second.
- Setting to define the percentage of null values.
- Setting to specify how many times a generated value must be used. Useful for master-detail data. e.g. A customer must have at least 5 orders but not more than 10.
- Referential integrity support.
- Save your test data generation plan to a project file.
- Extensive validation of data generator settings.
- Execute pre/post data generation scripts.
- Automatic detection of changes in your database schema.
- Generate unique values option.
Datanamic Data Generator for PostgreSQL costs $ 499 for a single user license (EULA).
Upgrade Protection/Support is optional and costs 20% of the initial purchase price per year.
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Memory: 1 GB minimum (2 GB recommended)
Hard Disk: At least 20 MB of free disk space