Compare and Synchronize Oracle Database Schemas
- Compare and synchronize Oracle database schemas
- Visualize the differences between two database schemas
- Automate synchronization/migration with command-line utility
- Intelligent mapping of (renamed) database objects
- Support for Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g
- Generate synchronization scripts
Your database has grown over the years. New procedures, new tables and other database objects have been added. The complexity of your Oracle database environment has increased significantly. Datanamic SchemaDiff for Oracle provides the ability to compare and synchronize two Oracle database schemas. After the comparison is performed, the tool generates the synchronization scripts that can be used to update the destination database schema to match the source database.
With Datanamic SchemaDiff for Oracle you can automatically compare and synchronize the schemas of Oracle databases and avoid mistakes with deploying structure changes from one database to another database (for example: test environment to production environment).
It is a challenge to ensure that complex Oracle database schemas are consistent across different databases. When database schemas change, DBAs often spend significant time creating complex synchronization scripts with ALTER TABLE statements etc. Manual synchronization can be error prone because of the complexity (dependencies) of the database. You need a solution that will automatically compare and identify the object differences between two Oracle database schemas and then synchronize them.
Datanamic SchemaDiff for Oracle enables you to compare and synchronize two database schemas. The tool will give you the full picture of all schema differences. Once your database schemas are compared, you can view the differences and generate the necessary synchronization script to update the destination database and make it identical to the source database.
Datanamic SchemaDiff for Oracle simplifies database administration tasks and increases DBA productivity.
- Direct access to Oracle databases.
- Works without Oracle client software.
- Multiple Oracle versions supported.
Oracle version 9,10 and 11 are supported.
- Cross database versions comparison.
You can for example compare (and synchronize) an Oracle 10 and 11 database.
Database Schema Comparison
- Database schema to database schema comparison.
Connect to two Oracle databases and compare the database objects in those databases.
- SQL script to database schema comparison.
Connect to a Oracle databases and select a SQL script representing a database and compare the objects in both sources.
- Schema mapping.
Mapping schemas enables you to compare database objects that belong to the same or different schemas.
- Intelligent object mapping.
Mapping is used to connect the objects to be compared. Mapping of database objects in source and destination database is done based on names. If no object with the same name was found, intelligent routines are used to find out if an object must be mapped to an object with another name. It detects renamed database objects.
- Compare all database object types. Compare tables, procedures, indexes, views, triggers, constraints etc.
- Generate reports (HTML) with database differences.
- Wide array of comparison options.
You can control what is compared and what is seen as a difference. Use the comparison options such as case insensitivity, ignore constraints and many other options, for that.
- Synchronize complete database or selected objects.
You can select the database objects you want to synchronize.
- Intelligent alter script generation.
Generated script handles object dependencies and preserves data.
- Fine-tune the synchronization process with synchronization options.
You can ignore table elements or objects descriptions for example, for synchronization.
Presentation Of Object Differences
- Visualization of schema differences.
A side-by-side, colour-coded comparison overview makes it easy to pinpoint at a glance similarities and differences between two database objects.
- Summary of differences between two schemas.
The summary includes objects in source but not in destination (or vice versa), identical objects and the totals of selected objects. You can easily copy the summary to the clipboard.
- Object type filtering.
Filtering the comparison results enable you to limit the display of objects to certain types of database objects (for example, show only tables and/or views).
- Status filtering.
Filter the comparison results based on the status (identical, different, etc...) of the compared object.
Database Administration Automation
- Automated object comparison and synchronization.
A command line utility is included to automate your compare and synchronize process.
Save your comparison plan to a SchemaDiff project.
Datanamic SchemaDiff for Oracle costs $ 299 for a single user license (EULA).
Upgrade Protection/Support is optional and costs 20% of the initial purchase price per year.
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Memory: 1 GB minimum (2 GB recommended)
Hard Disk: At least 20 MB of free disk space
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12