How to Compare a Data Model With a Database?In DeZign for Databases Professional edition and DeZign for Databases Expert edition you can compare a data model with the database in the Update model from database dialog.
To compare a data model with a database:
- Open your data model (.dez file).
- Select File | Update model from database from the menu.
- In the Update model from database dialog, select the option to compare with a source database and fill out the database connection parameters.
- Press the OK button to close this dialog. DeZign for Databases will now connect to the database, read out the meta data and collect the differences.
- The differences between your data model and a (live) database (the comparison results) are now displayed in the Differences dialog.
- You can step through the database objects in the list and view the details of the differences in the details pane below this list.