Display Extra Information On the Model Such As NULL Option and DatatypeDeZign for Databases has a number of different display settings located under the Diagram Menu.
Data type display levelTo make data type visible in your diagram, go to Diagram | Data type display level. Here you can set what will be displayed next to the attribute name in the entity box. You've got the following options:
- Names only: no data type is displayed next to the attribute name. This is the default setting.
- Names with data type: the data type list name is displayed.
- Name with data type or domain: the data type list name is displayed. If the attribute is associated with a domain then the domain name is displayed.
- Names with physical data type: the data type's physical name is displayed.
- Name with physical data type or domain: the data type's physical name is displayed. If the attribute is associated with a domain then the domain name is displayed.
The physical data type is the type as it will appear in your SQL script. For example VARCHAR(32).
IndicatorsIdicators are used to make keys and not null attributes visible in the diagram. A symbol is displayed before or after the attribute name in a entity box if an indicator is turned on. The indicator style can be defined in the project's Display Preferences dialog (see ....).
You can turn on or off the following indicators:
- Primary Key indicator
- Foreign Key indicator
- Not null indicator
To turn on or to turn off an indicator, select Diagram | Indicators. In the submenu select the indicator you want to turn on or off. After your selection, the diagram will be redrawn automatically.
Your diagram will be redrawn automatically after changing the diagram display settings.