- New option to create folder based projects that can be stored in the cloud (Git).
- Automatic detection of merge conflicts when you open a folder based project from your Git repository.
- New merge conflicts dialog when you open a folder based project.
- New progress dialog for opening and saving projects.
- Added the option to switch between single file projects and folder based projects.
- New save project as dialog. You can select the project format here: single file or folder-based.
- Project name is now the same as the name of the project file.
- Validate process now checks ID uniqueness also (important for folder based projects).
- Added the option to label an object in the Object browser's context menu (right click on the object in the Object browser).
- New Labeled object browser pane with a tree of labels and the labeled objects.
- Added the option to delete a label from an object in the Object browser's context menu.
- You can now drag an object from the Object browser to the Labeled object browser to label the object.
- Added the option to create sublabels. You can set the parent label in the Manage labels dialog.
- New manage labels dialog.
- Projects now load 300% faster.
- When a project closes you will now see the welcome screen again.
- New software activation procedure.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent naming of new database objects.
- Fixed an issue with confirm deletion messages in uppercase.
- New expand and collapse buttons in Objects browser.
- Fixed an issue with wrong order of entities and views in the Object Browser after changing the name of the object.
- Fixed an issue with highlighting the correct object in the diagram when expanding a folder node in the object browser.
- New default layout for dockable panes. Messages lists pane is now by default docked to the bottom of the viewport.
- Fixed an issue with names for new user defined properties. In some cases a schema name was added to the name.
- Fixed an issue with recognizing PostgreSQL default values containing NEXTVAL when comparing the model to a SQL script.
- Fixed an issue with missing label when labeling new and changed objects in the update model process.
- Removed the option to create tree folders in the Object browser. Use labels and the new Labeled object browser instead.
- You can now specify whether a label will be visible in the Labeled object browser or not.
- You can now label (sub)diagrams also. You can edit the diagram's labels in the Diagram properties dialog.
- Fixed an issue with non unique label names.
- Fixed an issue with reading Oracle LOB columns when reverse engineering an Oracle database.
- Fixed an issue with BIGINT UNSIGNED fields when reverse engineering MySQL databases.
- Fixed an issue with fetching the default value for BIT fields when reverse engineering MySQL databases.
- Added support for PostgreSQL 15.
- Number of attributes, indexes and triggers of an entity is now displayed in the Object browser and Labeled objects browser.
- ShortCut for deleting an object is now CTRL-Delete.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to receive a "control has no parent window" error when editing labels of attributes in the entity dialog.
- Object browser panel now has a minimum width.
- When importing a SQL script, the spaces in computed fields are deleted. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with missing quotes for true/false default values for BIT columns when generating MS SQL Server databases.
- Entry fields in the user defined property editors now automatically fit the client area.
- Fixed an issue with missing settings in the list of environment settings in the Options dialog.
- Fixed an issue with missing reference to the schema when generating sequences associated with a column in PostgreSQL.
- Incorrect instructions to change license code/key in the Change license code/key dialog. Fixed.
- Added the option to enter a new license code and/or key when your current license key (in comination with renewal key) has expired.
- Fixed an issue with missing column constraint names when a domain was associated with the attribute.
- Fixed an issue with international characters in error messages when importing PostgreSQL 14 databases.
- The driver for reverse engineering SQLite databases is now based on version 3.39.2 of the SQLite engine.
- Fixed an issue with importing columns with LONG data type in Oracle 11 databases.
- Fixed an issue with reverse engineering InterBase databases. In some cases an "Invalid pointer operation" error was shown when importing table constraints.
- JSON data type was missing in list of MYSQL data types . Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with a stack overflow error when double clicking on a tree folder in the object browser.
- The select file dialogs in the Generate database dialog and the Update database dialog will now add the default extension when you forget to add an extension.
- Fixed an issue with relationships not being visible in a subdiagram when adding an existing entity (with relationships) to the subdiagram.
- Tables could be identified as different because the foreign keys constraints were not sorted correctly when comparing the data model to the database. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate ID's when converting a V6 and V7 project.
- Fixed an issue with the Enter renewal key dialog not being displayed.
- Fixed an issue with changes not being saved when using the arrow keys to move to the left or to the right in the lists of objects.
- Previously active cell in lists of objects not repainted correctly after losing focus. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with an abstract error message after opening the indexes tab in the Entity dialog.
- New: Export data dictionary to Comma-Separated Values (CSV) files.
- New. Added support for PostgreSQL 13.
- New. Added support for Oracle 21c.
- New. Added support for PostgreSQL 14.
- New. From now on, the currently selected line in an editable list of objects will be highlighted.
- When changing the data type of an attribute in the Entity dialog, the attribute editor was not updated correctly. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with an access violation when opening a project after searching in the object browser (in another project).
- Fixed an access violation bug when using SSL to connect to PostgreSQL databases (with OpenSSL 1.1 libraries).
- Fixed an issue when switching to another tab after editing an attribute in the list of attributes in the Entity dialog.
- Fixed an issue with reverse engineering procedures for MySQL 5.0.45.
- Fixed an access violation bug when using SSL to connect to MySQL databases (with OpenSSL 1.1 libraries).
- Fixed an issue with recognizing varbinary fields when reverse engineering MS SQL Server databases.
- Fixed an issue with an Invalid pointer operation error when reverse engineering Oracle 19 databases.
- Fixed an issue with processing InterBase VARCHAR fields with a size greater than 255.
- Fixed an issue when reverse engineering tables with more than 255 columns.
- Fixed a bug with very large SQLite TEXT fields.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate index names in MS SQL Server databases.
- Windows 11 ready.
- Improved auto layout routine. Default auto layout method is Sugiyama from now on.
- Comparing databases: Fixed an issue with matching primary key constraints with DeZign projects originally created in an older version of DeZign for Databases.
- Fixed an issue with a flickering progress dialog in Windows 10.
- Comparing databases: Fixed an issue with a new (and moved) attribute being linked to the wrong attribute in the destination database. An incorrect alter database scripts was generated in this case.
- Fixed an issue with an incorrect error message when editing subcategories.
- Fixed an issue with the generated imagemap when generating HTML reports.
- Improved support for MS SQL Server 2019 databases.
- Failure to connect to SQL Server databases in with different credentials after unsuccessful initial connection attempt is fixed.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect mapping of FLOAT columns in Oracle databases.
- Bug with reverse engineering Largeint columns for SQLite databases is fixed.
- Fixed a bug with connecting to MySQL databases using SSL.
- Fixed an issue with painting the background in the main window when starting the software.
- Fixed an issue with missing repository information when checking out projects from the repository.
- Fixed issues connecting to Firebird 3 databases.
- Added the option to select client library (fbclient.dll) when connecting to Firebird databases.
- Added support for text areas with rounded corners.
- Fixed an issue with missing captions in property editors.
- Performance improvements when pasting a large number of objects.
- Fixed an issue with DeZign freezing when the text in object status bar is too large.
- Added the option to select highlighted objects using the Select menu.
- Improved syntax highlighting in the SQL editor.
- Removed obsolete "view toolbars" menu.
- Fixed an issue with the description entry field being visible when no view, procedure or domain was selected in the editor.
- Missing hint voor check model button. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with missing relationships in subdiagrams when updating the model after comparing the model to the database.
- When comparing a database with your model an unwanted entity difference could occur when triggers are listed in a different order. Fixed.
- List of user defined properties was missing when generating a data model report. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with comparing a data model with user defined properties to a physical database. User defined properties were accidently deleted.
- Improved drawing of non-highligthed entities in diagrams when using the IDEF1X notation.
- Fixed an issue with an access violation when copying and pasting relationships.
- Added the option to create subfolders in the Object browser tree.
- Smoother rounded corners for entities in diagrams with relational notation.
- Added the option to connect securely to your MySQL or PostgreSQL database using SSL (openssl is required on the client side).
- When connecting to a PostgreSQL database you now have the option to select a database from a list of available databases.
- Fixed an issue with the adding new objects with comments in the generated alter database script when modifying MS SQL Server databases.
- Removed unnecessary GO terminators in generated MS SQL Server scripts.
- Fixed an issue with deleting archived versions. When you deleted the selected version, all other versions where deleted from the list also (not in the file).
- Fixed an issue with comparing options not being applied to source when comparing data model to archived model or database.
- Fixed an issue with a list index our of bounds error when adding a domain, sequence, procedure or view.
- Fixed an issue with adding system triggers to the data model when reverse engineering PostgreSQL 11 databases.
- Fixed an issue with missing triggers when importing PostgreSQL 12 databases.
- Fixed an issue with "missing large object" message when reverse engineering PostgreSQL databases.
- Fixed an issue with wrong order of foreign key constraints when comparing data model to database.
- Improved drawing of relationship end styles in diagram window.
- Performance improvements by using dynamic indexing.
- Fixed an issue with a the progress window when comparing database to model.
- Faster preparation of data models when comparing the data model to the database.
- New icons and colors in the comparison results dialog.
- Improved performance when clicking on an object in the diagram window using one of the highlight mode options.
- Changing attribute display level via the main menu did not work for first 10 and first 20 options. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with reverse engineering check constraints for PostgreSQL 12 databases.
- Fixed an issue with sequence seed values when reverse engineering PostgreSQL databases.
- Fixed an issue with missing columns when reverse engineering PostgreSQL 12 databases.
- Added support for Oracle 19.
- Added support PostgreSQL 12.
- Redesigned main screen.
- Object browser tree now automatically expands when you select an item.
- Fixed an issue with error when reloading the data model after running the smart relationship finder.
- Fixed an issue with loading user defined properties in the view and procedure editor.
- Added the option to add labels to domains, views and procedures.
- When a message is too long, a horizontal scrollbar will appear in the list of messages.
- New file format. Data models made with older versions of the software will be converted automatically.
- New Object status pane with information (related objects, cardinality, ...) about the selected object.
- New welcome/start screen.
- From now on you can use the regular pointer to "highlight" objects. You can define the objects that must be highlighted by selecting a "highlight mode".
- Fixed an issue with an access violation when deleting a relationship with multiple linked attributes.
- Fixed an issue with wrong placement of the Select diagram popup menu.
- New progress dialog.
- Bug with UTF-8 encoding for Oracle in Direct mode is fixed.
- Missing entity in Object browser when creating a new entity in a subdiagram and Object browser only lists objects in the active diagram. Fixed.
- From now on you can use a subset of HTML tags in your text areas to format the text.
- Fixed an issue with non visible Enter license details dialog when multiple monitors are used.
- Fixed an issue with the test connection function for Oracle 12 databases.
- Default autolayout method changed from "Sugiyama" to "Hierarchical".
- Improvements related to routing relationships lines for the "Hierarchical" autolayout method.
- From now on you will see a link to the online check for updates page when there connecting to the updates server fails.
- Changed the color of the first column in the user defined properties editor.
- Fixed an issue with displaying the help files.
- Fixes an issue with reverse engineering MS SQL Server 2017 databases (tables not found error).
- Added the option to preserve object descriptions in your model when updating your model.
- Repository configuration settings are not saved correctly in the registry. Fixed.
- Fixed and issue with fetching a new renewal key from Datanamic's licensing server.
- Fixed an issue with missing text in the Edit data type conversions rule dialog.
- Fixed an issue with missing JSON/JSONB data type in PostgreSQL 10 and 11 data models.
- Added Select by label(s) and Select using a filter menus to the diagram window's context menu.
- Changed the default font for the Check for updates dialog.
- The Check for updates dialog is now sizeable.
- Fixed an issue with deleting diagram objects.
- Fixed an issue with conditional generation in the Standard edition.
- Fixed an issue with editing data type conversion rules for database independent data models.
- Added support for user defined properties. You can define custom properties (user defined properties) and assign them to the different object types such as entities, attributes, views, procedures etc.
- Redesigned the Options dialog.
- New software activation dialog.
- Added support for PostgreSQL 10 and PostgreSQL 11.
- Added support for MySQL 6 and MySQL 8.
- Added support for Oracle 18c.
- Added support for MS SQL Server 2017.
- Performance improvements for loading (large) projects, commiting changes to the repository and database/model comparisons.
- Added support for links in text areas. You can now link to an external file, a webpage, a specific object in your model or a subdiagram.
- Generate report dialog is now resizable.
- Added support for reporting about user defined properties.
- Added the option to display a tooltip when you hover over an object in the diagram. You can define what will be displayed (for example description) in the Options dialog.
- Fixed an issue with the last field in property editor which was not completely visible in some cases.
- New splash screen.
- Fixed an issue with software deactivation.
- New licensing system.
- Added two Attribute display level options: Show first 10 attributes and Show first 20 attributes.
- Improvements to the standard (Linear) auto-layout algorithm.
- Fixed an issue with committing changes to the repository when the model contained one or more subcategories.
- Fixed an issue with deactivating the software.
- Database independent models are now also supported in the Standard and the Professional edition.
- Fixed an issue with recognizing CLOB columns when reverse engineering an Oracle database.
- Fixed and issue with "Data type is not supported" exception when reverse engineering InterBase databases.
- Field size detecting for database servers with multi-byte charset when is improved.
- Support for detecting utf8mb4 charset is added when reverse engineering MySQL databases.
- Added user defined properties to generated reports (option).
- New selection method added: Select diagram objects by label.
- From now on database independent models are also supported in the Standard and Professional edition.
- From now on repository access is available in the Expert edition.
- Stopped with the Teamwork edition (functionality has been moved to the Expert edition).
- New: Find related objects of a relationship easier with the related objects popup menus of a relationship in a diagram.
- Fixed an issue with the list of attributes in the Entity dialog. In some cases you was not able to use the keyboard to navigate in the list.
- New default background color for new diagrams.
- Fixed an issue with invalid change comments message when committing changes to the repository.