Compare and Synchronize Database Schemas
- Compare and synchronize database schemas
- Generate synchronization scripts
- Visualize the differences between database schemas
- Intelligent mapping of (renamed) database objects
- Includes a command-line utility
Datanamic SchemaDiff is a tool for comparison and synchronization of database schemas. It allows you to compare and synchronize tables, views, functions, sequences (generators), stored procedures, triggers and constraints between two databases. Multiple databases are supported. You can compare and synchronize Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL database schemas.
Datanamic SchemaDiff will give you the full picture of all database differences. Once your databases are compared, you can view the differences and generate the necessary (database specific) synchronization script to update the destination database and make it identical to the source database.
The tool has native connections to Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access and PostgreSQL. For each supported database, database specific comparison routines are used. For the synchronization, database specific synchronization scripts/routines are generated.
For comparing and synchronizing database contents, check out Datanamic SchemaDiff's companion product, Datanamic DataDiff.
- Support for multiple databases.
- Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g. Works without Oracle client software.
- MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- MySQL 3,4 and 5.
- PostgreSQL 7,8 and 9.
- MS Access 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Cross database versions comparison.
You can for example compare (and synchronize) a PostgreSQL 8.3 and a PostgreSQL 9 database. Note that cross database platform (e.g. Oracle - MS SQL) is not supported.
- Database schema to database schema comparison.
Connect to two databases and compare the objects in those databases.
- SQL script to database schema comparison.
Connect to a databases and select a SQL script representing a database and compare the objects in both sources.
- Schema mapping.
Mapping schemas enables you to compare database objects that belong to the same or different schemas.
- Intelligent object mapping.
Mapping is used to connect the objects to be compared. Mapping of database objects in source and destination database is done based on names. If no object with the same name was found, intelligent routines are used to find out if an object must be mapped to an object with another name. It detects renamed database objects.
- Compare all database object types. Compare tables, procedures, indexes, views, triggers, constraints etc.
- Generate HTML reports with database differences.
- Fine-tune the comparison with the comparison options.
You can control what is compared and what is seen as a difference. Use the comparison options such as case insensitivity, ignore constraints and 30 other options, for that.
- Synchronize complete database or selected objects.
You can select the database objects you want to synchronize.
- Intelligent alter script generation.
Generated synchronization script handles object dependencies.
- Fine-tune the synchronization process with synchronization options.
You can ignore table elements or objects descriptions, ... for synchronization.
Presentation Of Differences
- Visual representation of differences.
A side-by-side, colour-coded comparison overview makes it easy to pinpoint at a glance similarities and differences between two database objects.
- Summary of differences between two databases.
The summary includes objects in source but not in destination (or vice versa), identical objects and the totals of selected objects. You can easily copy the summary to the clipboard.
- Object type filtering.
Filtering the comparison results enable you to limit the display of objects to certain types of database objects (for example, show only tables and/or views).
- Status filtering.
Filter the comparison results based on the status (identical, different, etc...) of the compared object.
- Automated object comparison and synchronization.
A command-line utility is included to automate your compare and synchronize process.
Save your comparison plan to a SchemaDiff project.
- Datanamic SchemaDiff MultiDB
Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access.
- Datanamic SchemaDiff for Oracle
Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g and 12. Works without Oracle client software.
- Datanamic SchemaDiff for MySQL
MySQL 3,4 and 5.
- Datanamic SchemaDiff for MS SQL
MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Datanamic SchemaDiff for PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL 7,8 and 9.
- Datanamic SchemaDiff for MS Access
MS Access 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Pricing for Datanamic SchemaDiff starts at $ 199 for a single user license (EULA).
Upgrade Protection/Support is optional and costs 20% of the initial purchase price per year.
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Memory: 1 GB minimum (2 GB recommended)
Hard Disk: At least 20 MB of free disk space
Try Datanamic SchemaDiff for free
Download a free trial, and start saving time with your database deployments today.
Save with Bundles
If you buy our software in bundles you save a great deal of money on the price of the individual database tools.