Articles and Tutorials
DeZign for Databases
- Getting started with DeZign for Databases
Start making a data model immediately.
- Display data types in a diagram
Learn how to display data type and/or domain info in the entity boxes on your diagram.
- Brighten up your data model diagrams: give them color
A diagram gets more readble through the use of coloring. DeZign for Databases has several features to give color to your diagrams.
Extend DeZign's reporting capabilities using XSL transformations
XSLT provides an easy yet powerful way to get additional value from your Dezign for Databases projects. This article will help show you how.
Introduction to database design
Learn the basic steps in designing/modeling a database.
Learn how to normalize a data model.
Learn about many-to-many relationships.
Benefits of using domains
Domains are reusable user-defined types that promote consistent domain definitions. Read what the benefits are of using domains in your data model/database.
- Activating the software
- How to make a DB2 structure dump
- What is an Entity Relationship Diagram?
- Store images in the databases
- Identifying and non-identifying relationships
- Data type for storing rich text format (rtf)
- Keywords in default values
- About primary keys and auto increment columns
- Check constraint benefits
- How to make a mysql structure dump
- About database definition files
- How to make a ms sql server structure dump
- Getting started with Datanamic DataDiff
Learn to do a basic comparison and synchronization of data in two databases.
- Getting started with Datanamic SchemaDiff
Learn to do a basic comparison and synchronization of two database schemas (structure).
Datanamic Data Generator
- Generate meaningful data using masks
One way to generate meaningful data that matches your needs is to fill a field using the "Random text using mask" generator.